Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BEWARE!!!

So, it's been a long time since I have posted.
This next picture is scary.
On Saturday I was having a NON Yard Sale. That means that I had taken everything out of my garage to clean it and sweep. My neighbor is happening to have a HOLIDAY SHOPPE at her house. So cars are driving by quite frequently. I happened to have a few people stop. They didn't even ask me if I was having a yard sale, they just started looking through my stuff. I had a lot of baby items stored, so that was the majority out there. I managed to sell 3 things and earned a whole $9.00 for a non yard sale. WOO-HOO!!!
Back to my scary story. So while I was cleaning, I found a box that carries an emergency car kit. I picked it up and started sorting throught the box so I could shut the lid and put it back in the car. When I went to move the jumper cables and saw a RATTLESNAKE lying in the box. I was sure it was dead. I tried to call Ben, but he didn't answer his phone and he wasn't due back for 3 hours. So I called my dad for some comfort. He told me to take a long stick and poke it to see if it was alive. Sure enough, the snakes tongue came out. I screamed a little. So then I proceeded to stay in the garage to watch the snake to make sure it didn't get out of the box and head towards the fridge or under a car or something else. After awhile I got bored and brave, so I moved the box very carefully out into the dirt and put the jumper cables back on the snake(I used a rake to move the cables). The snake didn't move so I was good. When Ben got home he flipped the box over with a shovel and got rid of the snake.
It's December we are not suppose to have snakes near. They should be in their den's hibernating, not in my garage. I think my total head count on Rattlesnakes on my property since we moved here is 10. That is 10 too many for me. I think our house was built on a den.





1 comment:

Cindy said...

ooooh.... that is FREAKY! Glad you found it like that and not on a dark night when you needed to grab the cables to help someone out. Yikes!