Sunday, November 2, 2008

Corwin's 8th Birthday!!!


What a wonderful weekend we had, September 19-22. My mom and Ben's mom and dad came from Idaho. My brother Alan came with his family from Washington. My nephew Andy came from Utah ,my sister Leanne and her family came from Mesa, AZ.Ben's brother Dan and his wife and daughter came from Tucson. It was so nice to have our family together. I had my dad missing,my neice Sarah,my nephew Daren, my sister Karyn and her family , Ben's sister and brother from Idaho and their families. I hope we can get all together soon.
It all started about 6 months ago when I was talking to Corwin about being baptized. Ben and I had told Corwin that he had the choice of who he wanted to baptize him. I later asked Corwin who he wanted. He said that he wanted my brother Alan to baptized him, because he knew how much I missed him and that it would get him to come see us. Also he added that he wanted to see the boy who called him obnoxious punk(my nephew Dave).
I emailed Alan with the grand request and he replied that they would be there whether Corwin wanted him to baptize or not.
Corwin was baptized on September 21 after church. I thought that is was such a spiritual experience to be on a Sunday.
The picture speaks a thousand words of what is truly means to be an eternal family.

2 comments:

Schagel Family said...

I am so excited to see that you have a blog and to see pictures of you guys. The boys are getting so big. You all look great. Congratulations on Corwin getting baptized. I can't believe he is old enough, but Jacob will be there next year. Crazy!

Kylee said...

Hi Kendra! Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could have your blog! It's fun to read. Your family is so cute! I can't believe your oldest is baptized. One more year for my boys.