Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The magic of losing your first tooth!!!

Aiden came home yesterday after school and wanted to have an apple for a snack. He kept complaining that it hurt his tooth to bite down. After a few bites he asked me to get out the floss. (In our family I like to tie a piece of floss around the tooth and have the kids keep wiggling their tooth. Corwin's experience with floss is not so good. I am very demanding that the floss has to get around the whole tooth or it won't work. Corwin had floss hanging from his mouth for a few days sometimes because once it's tied on, it's on. He thought it hurt too much to pull. Needless to say, eventually mom would get impatient and just get the tooth out!)
So Aiden and I went into the bathroom to get the famous floss. I tried a few times to get the floss around but it kept slipping off the tooth. Which also kept loosening his tooth. After a few tries I finally got the floss to stay and as I was tieing it I pulled straight up, the floss slipped and out fell his tooth!!! Aiden was so shocked and so HAPPY. He started bouncing like Tigger. What an exciting time.
Because I wasn't blogging last year I didn't get to capture Corwin losing his first tooth. As I was looking back at pictures to find his picture, the date was written November 20,2007. Aiden lost his tooth November 18,2008. That is one day away from being exactly a year(February had 29 days this year!). I think Corwin lost his second tooth in December so we will see about Aiden!!!!

No comments: