Friday, February 19, 2010

Daren and Solveig Spencer

My parents were able to fly down Christmas day to spend with our family and get ready for our trip to San Diego for Daren's wedding.
It was a crazy Christmas break. Ben's dad had offered for Corwin and Aiden to fly to Boise an go skiing with him for a week, so Ben and I went to Phoenix to drop the boys off on the 27th to fly out to Boise. The next day I loaded Liam, my parents and myself up in the Suburban and headed to San Diego for the next 4 days. We had the oppurtunity to meet up with my brother, Alan and his family for dinner at one of my favorite places in San Diego, The Fish Market.
I hadn't realized how bad off my dad had gotten in the last month. He was in a walker that he could sit in and he relied on my mom to do so much for him. I felt bad for the both of them when we were running all around San Diego. My dad really wanted to purchase a GPS Navigator to get our way around, and I said, oh we will be fine. Famous Last Words. Let's just say that we saw more of San Diego than we ever wanted too!
Daren and Solveig had their wedding at the San Diego Temple on Wednesday January 30th. That morning my dad surprised all of his family and told us that he had a temple recommend and would be attending the wedding with us. It was so neat to be together as family. I really wished that Ben could have been there with me, I want to go back as a couple to that temple. It is so beautiful. While I was there I noticed that there were Begonia's planted everywhere around the temple grounds. I shed a few tears because Grandpa Madsen loved Begonia's and grew some of the most amazing and beautiful one's. I told everyone that he had sent those for me to remind me of him!
That night we drove to Murrieta, CA for their reception. It was so fun. I even wheelee my dad onto the dance floor and spun him around a few times, like we were dancing! He loved it. At one time we were all chanting, BOISE STATE!!!!
Thursday we spent some of the day at the beach, it was nice to take Dad out to see the ocean. He loved it!!!
I decided to share my cold with my sister Leanne and my mom. SORRY! They got it worse than me.
Friday we headed back to AZ. On our way home my dad informed me that when he was acting grumpy and mad, he was making jokes and was trying to make us laugh. I let my sisters know that that is what he said, WE ALL LAUGHED!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: